LOST = DOCTOR WHO

WELCOME TO THE ONLY SITE ON THE INTERNET THAT PROVES LOST IS A REMAKE.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

See you in another life, brother!

Have we been so wrapped up in all the candidates that we missed maybe the biggest clue of all? Could Desmond Hume be the new Jacob? Thinking about what Richard said about Jacob’s touch being a gift. When Jack comes back from the bathroom Desmond is sitting in the aisle seat where Jack is sitting. After Jack sits down he stares at Desmond like he knows him and says “Do I know you from somewhere?” Desmond then responds with “I’m not sure.” Desmond then reaches out his hand as does Jack. Both repeat their names Desmond first and then Jack while shaking hands. Desmond then says “Nice to meet you Jack, or to see you again”
Is Desmond the new Jacob? The touch stood out to me like every instance where Jacob touched the 6 candidates. Is the touch now to undo what Jacob did in the first place? I keep thinking back to all the times that Desmond interacted with others. Maybe this is the other life he kept referring to and now he is the one who will set things right for everyone. Will we see him touch Locke last and then Locke get up out of his wheelchair?

Interactions:

"Lost: Live Together, Die Alone (#2.23)" (2006)

Desmond: [after Locke smashes the computer] You killed us... you killed us all

Desmond: I love you, Penny.

Desmond: Three days before you came down here, before we met, I heard a banging on the hatch doors, shouting. But it was you John, wasn't it? You say there isn't any purpose, there's no such thing as fate. But you saved my life, brother, so that I could save yours.

Locke: No, no, no, no! None of this is real! Nothing is gonna happen, we're gonna be OK!

Desmond: I've gotta go. And you've gotta get as far away from here as possible.

Locke: Go where? Stop!

Desmond: I'm gonna blow the dam, John! I'm sorry for whatever happened that made you stop believing. But it's all real. And now I've gotta go and make it all go away.

Locke: Wait! Desmond!

Desmond: I'll see ya in another life, brother!



[Charlie is trying to wake up Eko because he's unconscious. Charlie sees Desmond]

Charlie Pace: Hey! Can I get some help? [Desmond looks for something in the library and ignores him]

Desmond: I'm trying, brother!

Desmond: [after looking at the printout Locke and Eko found] I think I crashed your plane. Desmond: Ignorance is bliss.

Desmond Hume: I'll see you in another life, brother.



"Lost: Man of Science, Man of Faith (#2.1)" (2005)

Desmond: Are you him?

Desmond: So we saved the world together for a while, and that was lovely.

Desmond: Now type in exactly what I say... 4 8 15 16 23 42. Now press execute.

Locke: What's going to happen?

Desmond: Just push it!

Desmond: See you in another life then, eh brother?


[Jack's explaining his "excuse" for his tour de stade after injuring his ankle]

Jack: Just trying to work a few things out.

Desmond: Ah, a girl, right?

Jack: A patient.

Desmond: Ah, but a girl patient. What's her name?

Jack: Her name's Sarah.

Desmond: What'd you do to her, then?

Jack: Do to her?

Desmond: You must have done something worthy of this self-flagellation.

Jack: I told her... I made her a promise I couldn't keep... I told her I'd fix her and I couldn't. I failed.

Desmond: Right. Just one thing - what if you did fix her?

Jack: I didn't.

Desmond: But what if you did?

Jack: You don't know what you're talking about, man.

Desmond: I don't? Why not?

Jack: Because with her situation that would be a miracle, "brother."

Desmond: Oh, and you don't believe in miracles? [Jack laughs and shakes his head]

Desmond: Right. Well then, I'm going to give you some advice anyway. You have to lift it up.

Jack: Lift it up?

Desmond: Your ankle. You have to keep it elevated. It's been nice chatting.

Jack: Jack.

Desmond: Jack, I'm Desmond. Good luck, brother. See you in another life, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment